Saturday, December 1, 2018

To Quote "Slim Billion"...

To Quote Slim Billion: What else?

We know a world famous teacher who likes to ask “what else".  Whether it's at home, at the grocery store, in a Sunday school room, or anywhere else...it's a valid question. It gets us thinking, especially when hearing and seeing what God is doing. He sometimes gives direct commandments, such as “do not steal” and “do not commit adultery”, but other times He's more subtle.  That's where Slim comes in with his reminder question.  You see, he tries to disguise it as a simple question, but he knows the Lord will use it to get us thinking.  Sadly, it takes some people (finger pointing at myself) to really understand the question.  Then, I zacar Slim's teachings and it all makes more sense.

Let me introduce you to Slim and his wife Shrenda.  This is an older picture and their identities have been concealed to protect the innocent (Shrenda in this case).



Then, there’s the instructions to go tell others about Him and go care for widows and orphans. That's where my November posts were headed and God totally derailed that!  It was never about the children we adopted.  It was a heart change so much deeper.  Again, I was slow to get that.  Um...at least 3 years slow!  Honestly, I still don't get all that the Lord has instructed in those verses.  Maybe Slim and Shrenda will be able to help that.  In fact sometimes Shrenda does call me out or remind me and then she asks...

"Oh no!  Was I too harsh?  Are we still friends?  Did I hurt your feelings?"  

Back to Slim...I'm sure Slim has talked about (in his own little way) how you wouldn’t lead some to a foreign land and then just leave them there without a map.  You wouldn't give someone a dream without some way or interpreting it.  And hopefully you wouldn't give someone a smart mind to think and no wise counsel to understand it.  

It’s the same for adoption, family challenges, or illness.  It's the same for the good stuff too, like blessings of money, unexpected new friends, and getting a new puppy.  Slim's question is still applicable...

"What else?"

Slim and Shrenda are facing a pretty serious health situation, but they are believing the Truth they've always known.  They've even been obedient to change church homes, which makes absolutely no sense to the average person.
That means their meeting all new friends in the midst of the this new health challenge.  You know what?  Slim has been asking if he can teach a class at this new church.  If life truly is the church with no walls (reportedly said by famous Pastor John Meador), then we should all be watching and learning from Slim.  I am, but not in a creepy way.   By the way, Pastor John is amazing too!  We've known John and Kim for a few years now.  I thought about changing their names too, but I'm starting to get these imaginary names mixed up in my sleepy head!

There's so much more to learn from them both.  Shrenda is super smart too, but she chases squirrels and asks if she's hurting my feelings too often.  I'll tell more about her later.  Maybe tomorrow 'cause she's my spiritual momma and I'm making something special for her tonight!  

Momma, if you're reading this...do you prefer chocolate or pumpkin?  Wait...I already know the answer to that!!!  Can I just combine the 2?  

Kim, I know you'll read this soon enough.  You've become a faithful friend.  So, where is your favorite verse again?  Psalm 3 or Proverbs 3?  Hee Hee!


"Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant."
Joshua 1:9







No comments:

Post a Comment