Sunday, January 12, 2014

Leavin' On a Jet Plane...

For your reading enjoyment, we have a guest blogger sharing thoughts as we traveled half way around the world!  It's none other than my amazing husband and soon-to-be father of 2...

One last picture at home as a family of 3.  
The empty bedroom will be empty no longer.

What an unusual flight. No, nothing strange or exciting about the actual flight. Everything so far is just like the hundreds of other flights I have been on over the years. No, for me, it's the purpose of this flight. Every other flight has been for work, with a task to complete, contacts to make, knowledge to share. Or the flight was for fun. Beaches, snow, far away lands with the promise of adventure. Maybe the flight was to celebrate. A wedding. A birthday. Being with the ones we love on a special day. Not this flight. This flight is to complete something. To fill a gap, find the missing piece. No, this flight is different. This flight is to unite me with my son! 



Or is this flight that different? I have a crystal clear purpose. To get my son. We have prepared for many hours for this purpose. I will make contacts and share knowledge, both with one very special boy. There will be a special celebration. Not a wedding or a birthday, but a Gotcha Day. I will be with the ones I love on this special day. Joey is next to me and Dawn is just behind me. My new son is many miles ahead. So loved ones will be on this trip. There will be fun and adventure in a far away land. For Dawn, Joey and me, we will be in the far away land in a matter of hours. For our new son, the far away land will be our home. Please Lord let it become his home quickly. 


Leaving Seoul, South Korea for our last flight heading to China.

So, this flight is different. Is doesn't have one purpose like so many of the other flights, it has many goals. It has all the goals of all the flights before plus more! A single focus, to get our son, that closes one chapter in his life and begins a new chapter with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment