Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's Official (1/15/14)

We are proud to introduce you to …

SAMUEL ANDERSON ZI



I don’t know why, but I stressed about Super Brother’s name.  I guess it’s the same reason I stress about a lot of things…control and planning. We looked over the same lists for months.  I prayed for a specific name and that we would just know. Then, one day…two names from the lists stood out to me.  I immediately texted Russ because I knew my memory would fail me at some point that day.  Then, I began reading about both names, hoping that God would confirm in that moment.  And He did!  He’s cool like that!  In fact, my heart started pounding as if Russ has surprised me with a weekend getaway to France!  There was a sigh of relief at the same time.  As I read in 1 Samuel, my heart clung to the story of Elkanah (HINT: We didn’t choose the name Elkanah) and Hannah.  Specifically, my eyes were fascinated by the words “I asked the Lord for him.”  So, although this little Samuel wasn’t born from my body, he is most definitely one of the most precious gifts we have received!  We most definitely asked the Lord for him and we are grateful!  And so, we decided on Samuel Anderson Zi.

While all of our grandparents were/are amazing influences in our lives, we couldn’t very well name our son after ALL of them.  And so we chose Anderson.  Anderson was my Grandma Stell’s maiden name.  That name has been on my mind for awhile.  My Grandma Stell was pretty great, as grandmothers tend to be. She is the reason I was well versed in Dialing for Dollars on the noontime news and RC Cola.  She took time for me and fully invested in my life, despite not being able to do the “typical” activities of today’s Grandmas.  She showed loved!  And I love that our little Samuel has the privilege of sharing her name!!!!


And Zi is part of his Chinese name.   It's what his nannies have called him.  It means beautiful.  Zi describes what our son and his story mean to us….simply beautiful!  Not perfect, but full of beauty.  In helping to preserve his “identity”, we chose to keep that name .  While that chapter of his life will still shape a part of who he is, thankfully he’s no longer an orphan.  

He is a son, a little brother, a long prayed-for blessing to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment