Thursday, December 5, 2013

Something of His Very Own

I was beyond thrilled this morning to find a surprise awaiting us on Facebook. There were 5 pictures and a video. You see, they weren’t pictures of a friend's cuddly baby or even pictures of our super cute nephew. They were pictures of our adorable littlest boy. Once my sleepy eyes registered what they were seeing, I felt much like this little monkey. 




Instead of clanging my cymbals, doing flips, 
grinning, and chattering, I was… giggling, 
crying, jumping around, and texting Russ. 

I met a pretty amazing friend through our agency’s Facebook page a few weeks ago. Facebook can be a time-waster for me, but in this case…a blessing. In fact, I talked to Russ so much about her that he probably thought I had reconnected with a long lost sister. After exchanging messages that first day, we soon realized our sons were in the same orphanage. They might even know each other. A and her family would get to travel just a few weeks later to bring their little boy home. You can imagine my excitement and shock when A graciously offered to take a gift to Little Brother. WHAT? Without being able to go to China ourselves, this was the next best thing – knowing that another loving family would hopefully be able to show love to our son.  I pray that we have the opportunity to pass along that blessing to another family waiting to bring their little one(s) home as well.  We can't thank A and her family enough!

In the orphanage, Little Brother likely does not have anything of his very own. Until now. The children appear to be very well cared for and their nannies love them dearly. It’s just that the children share everything. And not that possessions should be a high priority, but to hold a gift made especially for Little Brother just might give him a glimpse of how special he is to us. I’ve prayed that in the moment he received our gifts that God would give him even a tiny warm feeling of love, significance, hope. 


 Look at those cheeks!


 Someone holding up the gifts we sent.
Comparing the picture on the bag to Little Brother?


Hungry guy eating a meal


My heart pounds at the sight of these pictures. It reminds me of the feeling I had when looking at Joey's sonogram pictures, except I don't have to wonder whether I'm seeing a foot or an arm.  I’ve looked at these pictures a million times already. To us this day...with pictures in hand, we feel like we’ve won the grand prize!  God is in the details.






No comments:

Post a Comment