Monday, December 2, 2013

Always and Forever

Sometimes when I really take time to think about Little Brother’s story, I am reminded that our family is not in the first chapter of his life. We’re not even mentioned in the first chapter. In fact, we’ll likely never know that chapter at all. We won’t know simple facts like how much he weighed at birth.  We won’t know when he first smiled.  Still, we anxiously prepare for Little Brother and wait on God's timing and provision in officially bringing Little Brother into our family.

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and 
in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

What we will know though is the very moment that he becomes a Webb. We’ll see the amazement on his face when he first sees a bear or an alligator at the zoo. We will get to take him on his first wagon ride to the park. We won’t be able to stop smiling that moment he actually runs towards us instead of away. Those who know me well (or maybe just at all) know that these are the moments our scrapbooks are made of! And scrapbooks I will make! 

I still remember this conversation Joey and I had about 9 months ago. It went something like this… 
Joey: "Mommy, will my brother or my sister stay with us when they come to our house? 
Me: "Yes, Joey. He or she will stay with us forever." 
Joey: "We won't have to take them back to China?" 
Me: "No, Joey. They will be our family forever." 
Joey: "Oh, good!" 

At only 5 years young, Joey longs for his brother to come home.  Joey knows that when we're driving to preschool in the mornings, Little Brother is fast asleep in China.  We have explained that Little Brother will likely cry a lot in the beginning.  He might even be scared of us. Yet still Joey prays for his little brother and has has piled toy after toy in Little Brother's room.  Joey has even mentioned taking his own money to the store to purchase more toys for Little Brother.  To catch a glimpse of Joey's heart...melts my own.

These are the moments that bring a (thankful) tear to my eyes.  No, Joey, Little Brother will never have to go back to China. He will always be your brother. And we will always be our son! He will only go back to China to visit…or maybe to bring home more siblings
Shhh, don’t tell Daddy!


Joey was anxious to help Daddy paint 
Little Brother's room.  He's always helping.  
Joey is already such a wonderful big brother! 



A sneak peak of Little Brother's bed and bedding.  
His stuffed animals wait patiently too.
See the little brown monkey?  Joey made that for 
his brother and surprisingly named him 
"I love you."  How appropriate!



No comments:

Post a Comment