Friday, February 1, 2019

Say It Ain't So

Is it true that Samuel is 7?  

If I could freeze time, this is the age I would choose.  Samuel was in fact tearful last night about turning 7.  I thought we were about to have a cry fest...because I wanted to join in.  He's so sweet and fun.  Samuel is reading and full of curiosity.  He loves to dress up and wear costumes of any kind.   He still thinks his Mom and Dad are cool.  We couldn't love him any more than we already do.  

Birthday Morning

The only 7 year old I know who would 
be thrilled with a package of ties!

Birthday cake of his choice: Oreo ice cream cake

Of note, he was not a fan of the trick candles.  
Also, he was out of breath after this picture!


If I could talk to his China Mom and Dad today, I would tell them that Samuel is a joy!  He still talks about them and asks about his nanny.  He knows that I stay in touch with his nanny.  I'd love to tell his first parents that he is hilarious and loves to talk.  This kid never stops talking!  He's a little cranky in the morning, but warms up quickly.  He loves to hug and kiss us.  Samuel is so sweet to his teacher and concerned for his friends.  He can be feisty at times and sometimes takes his brother's toys.  He is literal and takes comments to heart.  If I could choose an animal to describe Samuel, I would choose a monkey.  This kid can hang from any bar and climb any rock/cliff.  I would also thank his parents for choosing life and making an excruciating decision in order to care for their son.  We are loving him the best we can and hope they would be proud of the little guy he is turning into.  Maybe one day we'll meet his first parents, but until then...we are grateful for another birthday to celebrate Samuel.  He's a gift!

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."
Psalm 127:3





No comments:

Post a Comment